Here is the completed columns with
Step-A-Bull & Crown Mould details. I installed the Dimmer switches for the LED Pot Lights in the column as it was easily accessible coming down the stairs and an ideal location to control the lighting for a complete home theatre experience.
Here is the new office area which allows work to be completed while still being able to be part of family activities.
ran Cat 6 network cable and phone to the desk area allowing hard wired networking right to the computer.
Here is a great detail of how amazing the Trim Tex products can make a simple bulk head and jack posts look with some imagination.
Here is a detail of the bulk head I made over the home theatre screen. It makes a nice accent and a great spot to hide a motorized projector screen if someone wanted that.
All of the trim and Doors received at least 2 coats of Beauti-Tone Designer Series Trim & Door paint.
6 Panel Doors and mortised the hinges into Clear Pine Door Jambs that were milled in our shop. I believe in using solid wood in our door jambs to give a lasting finished product.
For the door under the stair I just used a plain slab door as it had to be cut on the same angle as the stairs.
I tiled a corner, ran gas line and thermostat wire for our future Propane Wood-stove. This will act as a major heat source for the home in the future and also creates a fantastic back up heat source. The electrical outlet is part of our Backup Generator Panel and offers the ability to still run the stove fan in the event of power failures.
This is the completed spare bedroom. I dressed the sump pump cover up as a built in night stand for the bedroom. The cover lifts off to allow access to the sump pump which is permanently plumbed in and also has power wired from our Backup Generator Panel to right inside the night stand. I installed a pump that has a battery backup system for the event that power was out and nobody was home to turn on the Generator. This home has never even had a sump pump in the home, however with the finished basement I installed one just in case.
I installed our HRV system inside of the bedroom closet. It keeps it hidden, and accessible to be serviced every 3 months. Our home did have an Aston Attic which operated on a humidistat, however it kept the home under constant negative pressure. (not a good thing as it depends on air leaks in the home) When we upgraded the windows, and spray foamed the basement it became completely inadequate to exhaust any stale air as the home had become to air tight. The HRV is the single best thing we did during our basement renovation!!
Here is the installed HRV. It has 4 lines going into it. The one insulated line exhausts stale air from the home to outside. The other insulated line brings in a constant supply of fresh air. The other two lines supply fresh air to the whole house and exhaust stale air from the whole house. During the summer when it is hot, and air conditioning is on I can switch the HRV over to recirculate mode which doesn't draw the hot humid air into the home.
This is the completed bathroom. I installed a complete Shluter System behind our tiles. Using Ditra on the floor and Kerdi board on the walls. There will be glass walls installed for the shower in the near future. I went with a 10" Rain Head, and wall mount hand shower from American Standard. I opted for the Moen Valve with a built in diverter as Moen has an excellent warranty on their valves.
We also decided to use the ceramic tile to create a 4" baseboard in the bathroom.
I installed a digital thermostat for the electric baseboard. I installed a timer switch for the bathroom exhaust fan to help remove excess moisture. I also installed a booster switch for the HRV. It boosts the HRV to high for 20 minutes, drawing out the stale air from the bathroom and actually the whole house, while bringing in fresh clean air from outside.
Here is the Utility/Laundry Room. I installed a 60 gallon electric water heater, a water softener and we upgrade our pressure system to a large
RL44 pressure tank. This gives us water storage and keeps us going for quite a while in power failures before we run out of water. Our well pump was moved over to our Generator Panel also allowing us to switch the well on as needed to re-charge our system. Also installed two filters to filter out any sediment from the water. The first filter is a 30 micron, the second filter is a 5 micron. I also left room to install a UV light in the future if that ever became a concern.
The panel on the left is the original ITE breaker panel for the home. I installed an Eaton Complete Home Surge Protector on the entire home. Protecting everything in our house from potential power surges. I also installed the new smaller Square D generator panel to give us a backup hydro source in power failures. We live out in the country and power outages usually last a long time.
wired up all of our home network, 7.1 surround sound system, and phone lines.
installed these super strong speaker brackets for the surround speakers. They also installed the very clean wall plates for hooking up the speakers to the receiver.
also installed this D-Link DGS-1016A 16 Port Gigabit Unamanaged Desktop Switch. This is basically the brain behind my home network.
This is behind the audio rack for the home theatre.
installed a very neat surround sound wall plate to make hooking the receiver to the speakers very simple. Especially with the custom wiring harness
Integrated Audio Visual made for it.
Integrated Audio Visual also supplied network wiring and phone to the audio rack to supply internet to all the components that need it.